Skip to content
Some Useful Information as to Why Servicing Your Leisure Vehicle is Important…
- Caravans and motorhomes should be serviced once a year.
- Tyres should be changed every 5 years, even if not worn, as the rubber may perish. It is as advisable to put your caravan on axle stands over the winter months while the caravan is not in use. (Check date on tyre)
- Hubnuts should be changed with every service; the engineer will give you the hubnuts back to you prove this has been done. (where applicable)
- There are two types of LPG Gas: – The gases are effected by outside outside temperatures, Butane (blue cylinder) can be used in the warmer months, whereas Propane (orange/red cylinder) can be used all year round as the British climate will not go below -42 degrees Celsius.
- The gas pipe from the cylinder lasts for approximately 5 years from manufacturing date. This should be checked regularly for cracks etc. (Check date on pipe)
- The most effective fire extinguisher to use with LPG gas is dry powder.
- European rules state that you should use a breakdown triangle, reflective bib & spare bulbs whilst driving / towing abroad, rememeber your GB stickers and wingmirror extensions! It is also highly advisable to get european breakdown cover.